Friday, April 30, 2010

The Way It Will Be ... I Hope

Too much is going on -- if not around the house, then in my head. So I've come up with a plan to post to this blog twice a week from now on. Here's the general plan:

Sunday or Monday -- Something about the Parsha Hashavuot, the weekly Torah reading or, depending on whether a holiday is imminent, the Torah readings associated with the holiday. I'm going to be posting something early in the week for the upcoming Shabbat.

Thursday or Friday -- Something else. It could be related to what's going on in the Jewish calendar (e.g., Rosh Hodesh or holidays), something about Jewish living or symbols (e.g., kashruth - keeping kosher, mezuzah, tallit) or even something more general (e.g., what is kavvanah, tzedakah, mitzvah - give you a hint, a mitzvah is not a "good deed").

Because today is Friday, the first post under this new scheme will be delivered no later than Monday, May 3. I'll write something about the double Parshah Behar/Bechukotai (Leviticus 25:1 - 27:34), which will be read in synagogues around the world on Saturday, May 8, 2010. I'm not sure yet what direction these weekly divrei Torah (words of Torah) will take. Perhaps some ideas of things to do or discuss with your family, perhaps my own thoughts on the reading, perhaps something else altogether.

For the later post next week, I will probably talk about counting the omer, a ritual we engage in between the second night of Passover and Shavuot.

No comments:

Post a Comment