Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Pesach Countdown -- 27 Days to Go

I did not get as much done as I had planned today, but I did line a shelf in the garage with paper towels and put the Pesach food I have already bought onto the shelf.
We do not buy a tremendous amount of processed foods for Pesach -- this is about it. Some matzoh (though we will probably buy more before we are done), some matzoh meal and matzoh cake meal, tomato sauce, a few cans of olives and pickles, catsup, and wine and juice. We may get a few more items, but there's not much available here in Galut.

I ordered a few things from kosher.com's Passover store. And, in other years, we have ordered kosher-for-Passover wine from Kosher Wine's online store. We seem to have plenty of wine this year, however.

I also continued to sort the food I cleared out of the pantry and garage shelves yesterday. More for the food pantry, a few items to give away (open boxes of cereal that won't get used up, some sodas), more consideration of what meals we can prepare given the ingredients we have on hand. The dining table is almost usable.
Tomorrow I will try to tackle the refrigerators and freezers. Lots of food there, as well.

I have a couple of philosophical points to discuss here -- like why we sell food during Pesach, why we can't use last year's leftover matzoh, and what I used to call the Question of Max. Now that my beautiful Siberian Max is gone, I suppose it will have to be the Question of the Animals. But I'm way too tired to tackle any of that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment